Are you familiar with our Preferred Partner Aldi? If not, let us introduce you. Aldi is hiring for internships and full-time positions through Wednesday, January 15 via CareerCat (District Manager ID# 91035 and District Manager Intern ID# 91033).
- Trader Joe’s is Aldi’s sister company. In fact, a recent Slate article praises Aldi, calling it Trader Joe’s ‘better brother.’
- Aldi only promotes from within so if you want to be in the C-Suite, you have to start via CareerCat.
- Aldi is a European brand so like any European supermarket, you have to put a quarter into your grocery cart to release it; you get the quarter back though!
- Aldi’s starting salary is $75,000 for district managers.
- There are more than 1,200 Aldi stores in 32 states.
- The name Aldi is a conglomeration of the original owners’ last name (Albrecht) plus the German word for discount (Diskount).
- The cofounder of Aldi, Karl Albrecht, is the 18th richest person in the world according to Forbes magazine (17.8 billion euros).
- Almost 95% of Aldi items are sold under the exclusive Aldi brand name.
- Aldi interns are some of the highest paid interns.
- Aldi district managers see all aspects of the business from finance to hiring decisions to customer service to supply chain.
And did we mention that Aldi District Managers get a company car? Apply to join via CareerCat today and meet the Aldi team at the UCS Winter Internship & Job Fair this Thursday, January 9 from 12-4 p.m. in Norris, 2nd Floor.